Knitting in the North

A discussion of knitting, family, home and other stuff.

Repetitive Stress?

I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. I've been buried in preparations for finals, household discord, and *gasp* a smidgen of repetitive stress in my wrists. Or so I thought. It began Sunday morning after a late-night Saturday knitting session on the purple business. I woke up with a headache and sore tendons, and immediately thought, Oh, No! It couldn't be. I can't not knit. It simply can not be done. Dutifully, with an eye for the long run benefit, I put the knitting away for a few days. Hmmm. Still a headache. Still sore wrists. Now I think my neck is out, I'm cursing my wrists and the whole concept of repetitive stress, and knitting like crazy trying to make up for lost time on the purple business. I see no way that this will be at my Mum's for her birthday at the end of this month. I think I'm going to have to send her a scrap of yarn and a card, and catch up later. Groan.

0