Knitting in the North

A discussion of knitting, family, home and other stuff.

Red and Black

Here is my beautiful boy modeling my lastest Finished Object. Although it is for Christmas, I can not yet cross a number off the list, as I need to do another scarf and two hats out of this yarn for my step-dad and mum, and silly me included that all as one item on The List. It is knit in a K3, P3 pattern on one side, and K all on the other, which gives alternating bands of stocking stitch and garter stitch . The pattern was on the ball band of the yarn, which is Bernat Solo, and acrylic/polyester blend, which is machine washable and dryable. It took me 2 days to knit it up, which bodes well for my List. I am, however, getting redded and blacked out, and I think it's time to switch to something else for a bit. I will come back to this project after I finish something else. Note: Brian's hair is not always this peculiar colour. We declared today Wacky Hair Day, which has so far only involved spraying both big kids with that wash-out hair spray. There is talk of more, but they are now distracted with some art work, so perhaps they'll leave it at that, and not notice that I didn't spray my own hair.

Here is Katie's sock that I've been working on. I'm almost to the toe on sock #1. I've been picking it up here and there throughout my day, and working on it when I needed a break from the fluffy synthetic-ness of the scarf. I am in love with the colours, and fascinated with how they change as I knit along. Very soothing, especially since there is no red or black to be found.

0