Knitting in the North

A discussion of knitting, family, home and other stuff.

And Now, The Moment You've All Been Waiting For...

Let's clap really, really hard for the special sweater we see today! (Sorry, too much TV with the kids :0) Here it is, The Pirate Sweater in the flesh! I finally bit the bullet and helped Brian clean up his room, and found the sweater packed in his suitcase for his next big trip. On to the particulars! Pattern: Pirate Sweater, from Adorable Knits for Tiny Tots, by Zoe Mellor. Yarn: GGH Bali (a machine washable cotton/acrylic blend), 3 skeins of blue, 2 dark brown and 1 bone. Needle size: US size 4 straights Started: August 2006 Finished: December 2006. If I hadn't procrastinated so much on the intarsia, it would have been finished and tucked away well in advance, but you know. It was just so intimidating! Now I know better. I knit the largest size, for a 4-5 year old, and it just fits. I didn't even think to check the measurements on an existing sweater, something I plan to do in the future. Ah, well, it fits now, and is much loved - which is the important thing. I'm pretty proud of myself, I haven't knit a whole lot of "big" projects, and this was such a success.

0