Knitting in the North

A discussion of knitting, family, home and other stuff.

Yarn-Happy

I was at work the other night, and walked past a very exciting thing - a new display of yarn! It's not often that I get yarn-happy at work, but this was one of those occasions. Check it out: Eco-fil yarn, 75% cotton, 25% acrylic, worsted weight. Machine washable. I have no idea of the yardage, but a 225g ball was $3.97. Oh, my frugal soul rejoice! The ball band claims this to be recycled earth-friendly yarn. I chose a royal-ish purple, with some tweedy flecks in it. I picked up a few balls of this, and plan to knit the Rusted Root pattern from Zephyr Style. I know, I know, I need a new project like I need another hole in my head, but I couldn't resist. I've been eyeing up this pattern for a while now, and when I saw this yarn I knew it was meant to be. Wal-Mart also carried a cool colourway, pink plied with some green and a bit of brown that I really liked, as well as a two-toned blue, but I thought they would be too busy for this pattern. Notebook Note: After much searching, I found the notebook in the bag of library books by our front door. No one knows how it arrived there, I'm thinking the notebook either sprouted legs and crawled there on it's own, or Fate just wanted me to start something new. It couldn't possibly have been one of the six other people in this house, touching things they're not supposed to.

0