Knitting in the North

A discussion of knitting, family, home and other stuff.

ISE Begins!

I received my top secret swap name from the International Scarf Exchange last night, and ran off to the LYS this morning to pick this up. The yarn I've chosen is Grignasco Jazz Print, which, you may recall, is the same yarn I bought for my own scarf and fingerless gloves. It's 100% Merino, and the yarn is so soft, and the colours so lovely. I really like how the colour changes, and within each colour change is the variation from the ply of the yarn. I am making a Mistake Rib Scarf; since it's a fairly simple stitch pattern, I think the colours of the yarn will show up nicely. And, I don't know how the person I'm making this for likes to wear her scarf, so I thought I'd better make it reversible. (Note to my own top secret swap pal: If you're reading this, my scarf does not need to be reversible. I generally wear a scarf wrapped around my neck, with the ends tucked into my coat. Not that reversible is bad, just so you know :0) I was going to post about this before I started the scarf, but couldn't wait, and just had to cast on. I am hoping to get both younger kids to go down for a nap shortly, so I can sit and knit in peace. Edited to add: I just got a call from the library, and the copy of Scarf Style I had reserved has just come in. I'm going to try to pop by this afternoon to pick it up - I'm going to hold off on any more scarf knitting until I look through there. I may see a pattern I just fall in love with!

0