Knitting in the North

A discussion of knitting, family, home and other stuff.

Spinning Roving Swap

I have joined another swap, but this one is with a twist. It can be found at Spinning Roving Swap, and looks like a lot of fun, both for super spinners, and incredible novices like me. This is the questionnaire that they ask we post, for the benefit of my top secret swap partner: 1) How long have you been spinning? I learned to spin at a class at Make 1 Yarns in July of this year. 2) Are you a beginner, novice, or experienced spinner? So much a beginner I can't believe it! 3) Do you spin on a drop spindle or wheel, or both? Drop spindle, although I am both thrilled and terrified at the thought of using a wheel. 4) What types and weights of drop spindles (or what type of spinning wheel(s) ) do you currently own? I own a student Ashford wooden spindle, that I received when I took the class. 5) What type of fibers have you spun with before? Silk hankies, wool (I don't remember what kind), I just purchased some English wool to practice on, but haven't tried it yet. 6) What fibers do you prefer to spin with? I don't know enough yet to have a like or dislike for different fibres. The silk was very easy to spin, which was nice. 7) What fibers do you dislike? I can not imagine disliking any natural fibre! 8) Do you prefer natural colored fibers, or handpainted/dyed fiber? Definitely handpainted/dyed. 9) Would you prefer all one type of roving or smaller amounts of different types to sample? I think all one type. 10) What are you favorite colors? Turquoise, blue, green 11) What colors do you dislike? I don't exactly dislike, but do not prefer the bright yellows and oranges. 12) What would you like to do with your handspun yarn, or what do you plan to do with it? (pattern clarification here) A small, forgiving knitting pattern would be lovely. 13) What spinning projects are you currently working on? Just practicing with the English wool 14) Do you have a wishlist? Not yet! 15) What are your other favorite hobbies? Reading, walking, Hapkido 16) Do you have any allergies (pet, smoke, food, fiber,etc...)? Nope! 17) What is your preferred shipping method (USPS, UPS, FedEx)? Anything that will get the parcel to my door in one piece is fine by me!

0