Knitting in the North

A discussion of knitting, family, home and other stuff.

Cables and Lace Complete!

I completed this lovely scarf yesterday, and was very proud of myself for being so organized. I managed to finish it up, weave in ends, give it a Wool Wash bath, and lay it out to dry before work last night. There she is, hanging over my rocking chair in an attempt at an artful shot. Particulars: Pattern: Cable and Lace Scarf, by Jen Appleby Yarn: Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk, 3 skeins Started: August 25, 2006 Finished: September 01, 2006 Notes: I followed this pattern exactly as written, and loved the way it knitted up. The yarn was so soft and fluffy, it was a joy to feel it moving through my fingers. Since I've blocked it, though, the scarf has flattened out quite a bit. I'm not sure if the fluffiness will come back once it gets moved and worn a bit, or not. Either way, it's very nice, and I really hope my mother-in-law will enjoy it. Here's a closer look at the pattern, I think the lace and cable really go nicely together. I've cast on for a very simple fingerless glove for myself. I figure I'll just do a basic stocking stitch rectangle, and seam it up, leaving a hole for my thumb. I looked at a lot of different patterns, but even the ones I found for this gauge of yarn were too busy for me. I think when you have really pretty variegated yarn, that simplicity is sometimes the best. We'll see how it goes, I may rip it out and go back to doing something in the round. I also started my next installment of Christmas knitting, casting on for the hat to match the red and black scarf I finished earlier.

0