Knitting in the North

A discussion of knitting, family, home and other stuff.

Mission Completion!

I was very excited to show you my wonderful finished scarf today. I finished it up yesterday, gave it a bath, and laid it out to dry before I left for work. Sadly, though, it's not dry, so the excitement will have to wait until tomorrow. I can tell you, though, that it is exactly what I was hoping it would be. This is a feeling to be savored, since we perfectionists know how rare it really is. Well, actually, there's a bit of a flare along the bind off edge that bugs me a bit, but I scrunched and tugged and pulled at it while blocking, so I hope once I wear it I won't notice it. Even better, I didn't have to frog the fingerless gloves I made out of the same yarn to give the scarf length. It's plenty long enough to wind around my neck, carefully, to show off the great stitch pattern. The only place in my house I've been able to find for blocking is the stretch of carpet on "my side" of the bed. (I have no idea what I'll do if I ever make a beautiful huge shawl - under the bed, perhaps.) So the extra bonus was that when I got home from work last night, I went to sleep with the smell of wool. Can there be anything better? I'm quite sure I had a better sleep because of it, and think we may be on to a new aromatherapy scent. Forget the lavender and chamomile, just give me the wool!

0