Knitting in the North

A discussion of knitting, family, home and other stuff.

Relief

Proverbs 13:12, “Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.” (NIV) Aha! Just what I needed – Biblical justification for working on my Socks of Doom rather than Christmas gifts or Katie's hat! Ha, ha, ha! (I'm not saying I needed this justification, but it does make me happy to see it!) Relief from guilt is setting in now, and I can just enjoy the knitting. I started the Socks of Doom on the 1st, and am so enjoying the feel of the yarn, and the texture of the fabric that is knitting up. I started following the pattern using the called for 3.75mm needles, realized that they would be a tad big, and then ripped back to knit on 3.5mm needles, instead. I bought myself some lovely bamboo DPN's and am feeling so luxurious using my fancy needles with my fancy yarn. If you haven't seen this pattern, it's a very simple ribbed sock. I'm loving the flow of the stitch pattern – I don't need to have my pattern in front of me, so it's great to carry around with me. I know I'm a little new to the sock knitting thing, but it hadn't really occurred to me to knit socks with DK yarn. It's sure great for some instant gratification, though! My camera disappeared the other day, and was found in Brian's room. A future blogger in the works! On the memory card were no less than 75 pictures that he took – here's my favourite. A Self-Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man:

0